Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Well, it has been a while since I have actually written anything here, so I thought I would give it a shot. I still need to post pictures of our Vermont trip, but I never seem to remember to transfer them to my computer! :) I'd do it now, but, uh, I'm at work.

Ceara had a birthday this month, she is now 12 years old. I also have some pictures of that, but again, I need to transfer them to my computer. Maybe I will get to that tonight.

Conor is on the count-down to Halloween, his birthday, and Christmas. When he asks me how long it is until Christmas, I say about 2 months. He doesn't know what months are, so he thinks I mean 2 days. On the day after he asks me, he will say to me "Tomorrow's Christmas!" And when I say, no, not for a couple of months, he says, "But last day (yesterday to him) you said 2 days!" So now I have to say "about 60 days."

We went out to eat last night at a new Max and Erma's that opened near-by for my nephew Austin's Birthday. There were 8 of us - Mom, Molly, Austin, Gage, Allie, Ceara, Conor, and me. It was packed and we had to wait for almost an hour for a table. On a Tuesday! Wow. Anyway, Austin broke his collar bone over the weekend while playing football with some of his friends. Poor kid, this is his 4th broken collar bone. And they happen around his birthday quite a lot. Oh, and he is now 11 years old. :)

As you might know, Max and Erma's has a Sundae Bar for kids to make their own Sundaes. They bring out a scoop of ice cream and you go up to the old-fashion type bath tub that has goodies for the top. A few of the things they had I just thought, ewwwww! They had Nerds and Sweet Tarts to put on top of the ice cream. I can't even imagine that would taste good! They also have hot fudge, caramel, strawberries, M&Ms, crushed Oreo cookies, crushed Andes mints, chocolate sprinkles, multi-colored sprinkles, whipped cream, blue whipped cream (raspberry flavored), and last but not least, cherries for the top. But no nuts. So, when the kids go up, your server goes up with them to help them. I don't know if that is a new thing or not, but since we had 4 sundaes to make, my sister and I helped the little ones and the server helped Austin because of his broken collar bone, and Allie got her own. Ceara didn't want one because she was full and didn't feel well.

The blue whipped cream? Gross. Good concept, I guess. But it was gross. :)

After the dinner, the kids went to my sister's house to have some of the cookie I had made for his birthday - I couldn't go because the wait at Max and Erma's was so long and I had to still make cookies for Conor's Halloween party that he is having today at his baby sitter's. They have been celebrating all week, and will continue into next week! It's that time of year, I guess. Parties, parties, parties. :)

Jeff did not get to partake in last nights events because he had a back-haul he had to do and he did not get home until around 8PM. I arrived home around 8:20ish and began making the cookies and icing. Molly dropped the kids off around 9ish and Conor wanted all of the decorations for the cookies. He helped me do the decorations on the tops of the cookies, then it was bed time. Long day, and I was very tired.

It is hard to believe that it is almost November! I need to do some Thanksgiving day planning! I will, of course, be having a dinner at my house. The time is up in the air - it depends on what time Jeff will have to go to work. It might actually be a big crowd this year, I would never turn anyone away and I give open invites to everyone who doesn't have anywhere to go, or even if they do, they can still come to my house, too!

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: