Friday, July 01, 2005

Does Age Really Matter?

Well, I am going to be 32 in a couple of days. It is strange thinking of myself as being in my 30's. In a lot of ways, I feel so old. When I think of everything I have done in my lifetime, it makes me feel old. In other ways, I don't feel any older than I did when I was 20. Allie is going to be 12 in less than a week. It seems strange that I have a daughter who is almost a teenager. Then I think of my mom, and I remember her when I was Allie's age. Did she feel the same way I feel now? That she wasn't really old enough to have children that old? And I still think of my parents and my aunts and uncles as being in their 30's or 40's. When they mention how old they are, even though I know how old they are, it is just hard for me to think of any of our ages in quantity of years.

My blogs are getting less funny.... I am going to stop this one now, and try again another time. :) Hope everyone has a good 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chickie,

To me you'll always be a youngster! And it's true, we are all 20 on the inside!!

Happy Birthday!!