Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hello, again!

Wow, it has been like, forever since I have written on this, huh? Last year as a matter of fact. There has been a lot going on, at the same time, not much is happening. Does that make sense? :) Christmas was wonderful - I really enjoyed everything about it this year. Spending time with friends and family, good food, good company, games, everything! On Christmas morning, Jeff and I got up first and had to wake the kids up! Do you believe that?? Conor walked out of his room and didn't even notice the presents under the tree. He walked into the kitchen and I had to steer him back to the living room for him to see. Then we dragged the girls out of bed... lol

We were supposed to have breakfast at our house on Christmas morning - it has become a tradition over the years to have a big breakfast with my parents, my sister and her family, and us. So it was at my house this year. We almost always have bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and whatever else. We had all of that and baked French toast that my sister brought, fruit, juice, everything. But only Molly, Jeff (her husband), and her kids came this year. My dad called and cancelled and then my mom called and cancelled.

But we enjoyed it anyway. After they left, we had to start getting ready for Jeff's family to come over. His mom, dad, sister (Naomi) and her husband Jerry. We had lunch - ham, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, green beans, and rolls. We played games, ate, laughed and had a good time.

It was a very good day.

OK - one update done, I am going to try to write more - and more often. :)

Let's see how many of you still check this thing since I haven't updated in a while!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't make breakfast.But I was there. I remember ham and strawberry toast, and potatoes and Jeff's family. It was very good. Just couldn't get Jack in gear to go. His fault.
Love

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a very nice Christmas! Thanks Katie for all you and Jeff do to make our holidays and birthdays a real celebration! Your home is welcoming and there's always something good cooking!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back and everyone is well! I sent a card to you all for Jerean's birthday and it came back, can I get your new address?