Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thanksgiving


On Thanksgiving Day, I invited whoever wanted to come to my house for dinner. I usually cook enough to feed a small army anyway, so I had to get a small army to my house to eat the food! Dinner was at 3PM and I spent the majority of the morning and afternoon cooking and cleaning. Here was the menu:

I fixed the 2 Turkeys and then enlisted the girls to help with the rest. Allie and I made the sweet potato casserole with her doing the sweet potato part and me doing the topping; Ceara made the stuffing; we all worked together making 2 apple pies from scratch (I made the first round of dough for the crust, they did the second after watching me on the first), then right before everyone arrived, I made some gravy. It was actually pretty easy this year because other people brought the other stuff I usually make, too! Naomi made the mashed potatoes; Grand-Dad made the green beans (from his garden), some made-from-scratch yeast rolls (YUMMMIEST!), AND some chocolate dessert called Curious Cake - chocolate type brownies with caramel, nuts and chocolate chips; Nana made green bean casserole and some no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies; Mimi made corn casserole and killer brownies; and Molly made some apple-cranberry stuffing and a chocolate cherry cake. We also had some pecan and pumpkin pie tarts, but those I bought. :)

And possibly some stuff that I am forgetting! But there was a TON of food. The people in attendance were:

Mom (Mimi)
Jack (Poppy)
Barb (Nana)
Jim (Grand-Dad)
Molly
Austin
Gage
Naomi
Jerry
Billy (Jerry's brother)
Matt (Jerry's brother)
Logan (Billy's son)
Lacy (Jerry's sister)
Tonya (Lacy's room mate)
Artie (Tonya's son)
and of course...
Jeff
Allie
Ceara
Conor
and Me!

I actually have more pictures of the day, though not many, but blogger bugged out on my when I was trying to upload them. So maybe I will add them at a later time, but I wanted to get this post out since Thanksgiving is over.

I am always thankful for my family and friends and always glad to welcome more! :)

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! The food was great and the company enjoyable! Nice job....again, Katie!!