Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Quick Update

Conor does not have strep again, he has a sinus infection. His doctor did recommend us to an ENT, though. So, I will be making that appointment soon.

And I finished his room finally since I was home yesterday. My living room is back to normal, and his room looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Now I have about... 8 or 10 boxes full of stuff sitting near my front door to be gotten rid of. Amvets will be here later this month, and my aunt is also going to take some of it to a local women's shelter.

So, things are looking up! :)

Tonight? I'm going to tackle my closet. If you don't hear from me for a while, you might want to stop by my house and check to see if I'm still stuck in there.

Ha! I'm only kidding. It's not that bad. Shouldn't take but an hour or so. I just have to get in the mind frame of... I'm really never going to wear that again. It will never be back in style and it will never look good on me no matter what I think of it on a hanger. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets to feeling better, sometimes those sinus infections can be just as bad as strep! Hopefully the ENT can shed some light on the situation and get those tonsils and adenoids out. May not be fun to begin with, but I am sure that he will thank you later :)
Good luck on the closet..mine is calling my name as well!

Anonymous said...

Good news on Conor, but can see why he felt miserable! Hopefully there's something good that can be done to help him soon!

Congrats on the finished project! Now, if only nobody opens a box just in case they want to be SURE that it's ok to toss!

I understand about the clothes...**heavy sigh**

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but I have found that cutting back on my sugar, salt and carb intake (which includes fruit and juice) really keeps me healthy. I used to get sinus infections all the time, but then I noticed that my body was reacting to the sugars and salt in my diet.

So my recommendation is LOTS of water (not milk, not juice, definitely not soda)yogurt (low sugar)hot tea with no sugar or very little, whole grain breads (limited) lots of unsalted veggies and low sodium soups or meat with little to no salt.

Sounds yucky, but it really does help me. It will take time to get used to but then he won't want it any other way. :D