Friday, October 02, 2009

... more Fort Ancient

I started this post before Jeff said he wanted to do it... Jeff posted it when he did his guest post.


A couple of weeks ago, we wanted to go hiking somewhere and Jeff thought of Fort Ancient. So we packed a cooler with water and juice, a few snacks, and we went on our way. We took Teddy with us, too.

In the picnic area there were these buildings made of sticks and rope.

Jeff said they were watch towers. There was a ladder going up the center of the structure.


And there were the ones with a bench and a fire pit.


I saw some cattails growing on the side of the trail and I was reminded of my childhood - they grew around one of the houses I grew up in. We used to pick them and then watch in wonder as the brown part expanded as we picked it off.

No comments: