Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Breakfast

Today, my guys made me breakfast... almost in bed, but not quite - their activities woke me up.  Conor served it to me - with a towel hung over his left arm and the plate (or whatever he was bringing me) he carried with his right hand.  First course was bacon, eggs, and toast.  Then he brought me a glass of orange juice.  Next, he brought me a bowl of homemade hash browns.  Still with the towel over his arm.  He went back to the kitchen saying, "Pancakes are coming, ma'am."  He referred to me as "ma'am" the whole time, like he was my waiter.

"I can't eat pancakes too!  It's too much!" I protested.

"Too bad!" was the reply from the kitchen.  (Jeff)

So, Conor was back in just a couple of minutes with a pancake.  I did my best, but couldn't finish it all.  My usual breakfast is coffee... and that's it, so it was a bit of a shock to my system.  It was all WONDERFUL, though. 

Now, I have that "full" feeling and the sudden urge to go back to bed!  Thanks, guys!  What a great start to the day. 

1 comment:

Barb said...

It pleases me to see all of you teaching Conor how to treat a lady! It's pretty nifty that he'll be handy in the kitchen too! One day his wife will be sooo grateful! Apparently you are feeling better! Good to know that too!
love ya!