Monday, February 12, 2018

February Snow

Just when I thought that we were done with the snow weather, we got hit with another couple of rounds.  Jeff went to North Carolina for training, so it was just Conor and me here to deal with that white stuff on Feb 7th.  Jeff was flying home that evening, though, so I wanted to be able to get out of the driveway.  I talked Conor into tag-teaming the shoveling until he broke the shovel when we were about 1/2 way done.  Here he is just starting:


Here's where we ended - the worst of it at the end left undone.  


I ended up paying someone to come and finish it.  I was so over driving through snow at the end and packing it down so that it turns to ice.  You can't tell in this picture, but the road goes up in both directions, we live at the bottom of a big hill.  Getting out isn't fun because you have to be quick - cars fly down our road and you can't see them until they are at the top of the hill in either direction.  I didn't want to slide out into the road.  

I was so sore the next couple of days - I want a snow blower!  Easier on my back.  

No comments: