Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's be frank and honest

I'll be honest, you can be Frank, OK? 

Jeff ordered pizza last week.  It was around 1am and cold.  He was in his man cave and came into the house to put on a fuzzy pink bathrobe to get warm.  The pizza guy knocked on the door and he insisted on answering the door - with the pink robe on.  Even though Ceara offered to get it.  The pizza guy was like "Do you have the card you paid with?"  Jeff didn't - he had left it in the man cave - and the pizza guy was like, "Oh, that's OK...here's your pizza, have a good night."  All said while backing down the porch steps.  I think he wanted to get far away from the strange man in the pink fuzzy bathrobe in the middle of the night...

Conor's soccer team won league champs, so they are going to the playoffs!  He got a trophy today after his last game for the regular season.  I was thinking that soccer was done for the season - not that I don't love it, but I will love it much more when he is a little older and they all know what they are doing on the field other than bunching up in a group and blocking each other from doing anything with the ball.  Yes, I love that he plays, I enjoy watching them play, but really?  Tournaments for 6-7 year olds who get confused by which end of the field they are supposed to be on so they don't switch sides like they are supposed to?  I think they are a little young for tournaments, but... we'll do it anyway.  So, next weekend we get to go to soccer games on both Saturday and Sunday, possibly 2 games on each day depending on how they do.  Plus we will have Trick-or treat, and he was invited to a Halloween party at a friend's house.  So, it will be a busy weekend!

There is a caterpillar taking up space above my eyes and I HAVE to find the time to wax.  In addition to that, I have other hair removal problems going on with the fact that I haven't shaved my legs in I don't know how long.  It's so bad that it doesn't even tickle anymore when I wear pants.  I think I need to make it a point to stop on my way home and get some Nair so the hairs will stay gone for a few days... besides, one razor may not be enough to complete the job!

This month is just the beginning of the busy season, the holiday season I adore, so I will have to make sure to find more time to actually write posts here! 

I'll be sure to update you when I get the unwanted hair growth under control.  Be reassured that there is NOT a situation going on under my arms, though.  I have kept up with that!  ;)

2 comments:

Mayo said...

Wow, a three chuckle post (as in I chuckled at three different points in your post). And thank HEAVENS those pesky arm hairs are at least under control. PLEASE do keep us informed of these things, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat....hahaha.
Way to much info K, but an enjoyable read anyway. And I'm sure the pizza delivery guy has seen way more scarier sights with their deliveries than a guy in a pink robe (lol).
Isn't it sad that our kids seem to have a more active social life than we do? Congrats to Conor on winning league champs, good luck to him in the playoffs!

Katie said...

Hey, legs, eyebrow, and arm hair are acceptable topics of converstaion... aren't they?! All women have it! Men too, they just don't have to worry about getting rid of it!

The leg situation is taken care of, by the way. Just have the eye brows left. :)