Monday, July 17, 2006

Going to the Movies

I decided to take the girls to see a movie, one of their choice even! Initially, I was going to drop them off and pick them up. I decided instead to just stay and see a movie that I wanted to see. Jeff is unable to go to the movies at this time because he is not allowed to sit for that long.

We decided to go on Sunday afternoon, they decided to see "Click" (with Adam Sandler) while I chose to see "The Devil Wears Prada." Both movies started at the same time. When en route to the theater, Allie asked if I would drop them both at the door so they didn't have to walk.

"Uh, no. You can walk just the same as I can."

"But, Mom, we're special!"

"I realize that you are very special, but this isn't the special bus, so you will have to walk just like the normal people," I said, smiling.

We ended up getting a front row parking space - it just happened to be open.

The girls went on ahead of me - you know, they're at that age where they don't want to be seen with an adult, especially if it's Mom! So I got my ticket, got some popcorn and went into my movie.

When I walked out, I walked past where the girls had been for their movie and it was over, so I figured they would be in the lobby. I walked into the lobby and they were sitting, waiting on a bench. They saw me and got up and walked over to me.

Allie was saying, "See, I told ya!" and laughing.

"What did she tell you?" I asked.

Ceara responded, "She said, 'these look like the kind of people who would be watching the movie my mom is watching, so I bet she will be coming out soon.'"

"Well, how rude!" I said, while laughing. "I thought you said you wanted to see that movie, too. I guess I won't have to worry about you wanting to come back to watch it then."

"I do want to see it, it looks good."

Yeah, teenagers!

Then we got into the car and she put her elbow on the middle console, "Ouch! That's hot!! Mom, you should have parked in the shade!"

"Well, then you would have had to walk farther! Next time I will be sure to remind you that when it is 100 degrees outside and the sun is shining, the inside of a car will more than likely be very hot... "

I will be posting some pictures from Allie's birthday party soon - I got some really good ones of her! Some while she was talking, or chewing, or with some strange expression on her face... you know, all the ones that will embarrass her. I took them on purpose because she kept saying, "Mom! Stop taking pictures of me!"

By the way, the movie I saw was really good. I liked it. :)

No comments: