Thursday, July 27, 2006

Trog

After work last night, Conor and I were watching cartoons in the living room when Allie came out of her room and sat down. Conor had been playing with a stuffed animal frog, throwing it for the dogs to go get. Allie saw this and said, "Hey! That's mine!" And she picked it up off the floor before the dogs could get it.

Conor wanted it back obviously, so he told her, "Give me that trog." (Still pronouncing his 'f' as a 't')

Allie said, "I'll give it to you if you say 'frog' the correct way."

So, just as she asked, Conor said, "Trog the correct way."

Allie and I both burst out laughing.

"No, you have to say 'frog' right."

"Trog right," he repeated, while trying very hard to get the frog from her.

At this point she was on the floor and holding it out of his reach. She was lying on her stomach, so Conor decided to sit on her back. Forgetting about the frog temporarily, he said, "Let's go, horsie!"

"I am NOT a horse!"

"Come on, go horsie!!"

"Get off of me, I'm not a horse!"

This went on for a couple of minutes, I was cracking up laughing at the two of them. Then Conor reached around and put his hand over Allie's mouth and said, "Horsies don't talk, so be quiet!" and held his hand there. We were both rolling with laughter at all of this.

Conor never did get his horsie ride. He did get the trog back, though. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that once in a while the little guy wins!!

Anonymous said...

OK so this is so something that would happen in my house. with the 4 of them running around you never know what you will get. Our "special" word is Hoppicator.
"mommy up in the sky, its a hoppicator" Kids say the darndest things.- Erin from Columbus.