Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A man can do anything he wants....

While getting ready for work this morning, I asked Conor to go get something from his room. His response was, "I'm a man and I can do anything I want. You go get it. And I'm gonna wear my man-shoes today." (those would be his hiking boots.)

I started laughing at how seriously he said all of this. "No, you are a little boy, and you will do what I tell you to do."

"Nuh-uh, I'm a MAN! I can do anything I want!"

"Who has deluded you into thinking that a man can do anything he wants, anyway?"

"Mr. Crabs is a man and..."

"Mr. Crabs is a CRAB!" (all this time I am totally cracking up laughing!) "And you are wearing your sandals."

"But.. I'm a man..."

"No, you are a little boy and you better go do what I told you to do or I'm gonna smack your little butt." :)

Argument over, I won. LOL! I was totally laughing about this all the way to work. I told my 2 bosses about it (men) and they BOTH said, "Yeah! That's right! I like his way of thinking!" *Katie rolls her eyes*

Anyway... Conor does have a tendency to talk like an adult.. other people have noticed it as well. The other day Jeff was saying something to him (I don't remember what) but Conor was doing something - putting on his shoes I think - and he turned to Jeff and said, "Dad, you are really aggravating me, I am trying to do something. Could you just quit talking to me?" I laughed at that too. :)

And yeah, I know.. I still need to post vacation pictures.. but I didn't want to forget about this and not post it. :)

No comments: