Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Meeting new people..

I took the kids with me to go visit Teri (my brother's mom) on Friday night. It was Conor's first time meeting her, and boy did he ever entertain her. Terri has a dog named Satch - Conor immediately started playing with her. Then he walked up to Terri and said, "Hey, what is your name again? I remember Bitch's name, but I don't remember yours."

Teri and I looked at each other surprised, and I said, "Did he say what I think he just said?"

She laughed and said, "Yeah, I think he did!" We were all laughing at this point.

She turned to him and said, "My name is Teri. Teri - I'm glad you didn't think that was my name."

I was laughing and said, "The dog's name is Satch. Snatch." I put as much stress on the word as I could. Then I realized that I said it wrong the second time and shook my head and said, "SATCH. Now he has me confused!"

He was unfazed by it and went on, "Teri, I'm thirsty."

She went to get him something to drink, and he asked, "Do you have any cookies?"

We went on visiting and talking when Conor walked up to her and said, "I have two things to tell you. You have spiders on your porch and can I look in your refrigerator?"

This cracked her up even further.

He is definitely not shy!

Anyway, he scored a Popsicle from the fridge.

By the time we left, he told her he would like to come back sometime but could she have some kids there for him to play with too?

He is definitely a never ending source of amusement.

No comments: