Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shelby's Birthday

Danielle has been my best friend since, oh... about 7th or 8th grade. We have remained friends all these years, sometimes closer than others, but I have still always considered her my best friend. We are opposites in terms of personalities, but I think that only adds to our friendship. She is very outgoing and outspoken and shy is never a word you would associate with Danielle. :)

Her daughter just celebrated her 9th birthday.

Lots of family and friends came to help her celebrate her last year in the single digits.

She appears to be trying to lick the icing off her cake - guess Danielle wasn't being quick enough to get her a piece of it!

That boy standing behind her? That is her big brother Cole. He is a good big brother and I foresee her future boyfriends having to answer to him.

It was pretty hard to get pictures of Shelby because she was a blur - looking in every direction, talking, opening her gifts. Full of energy. Ahhh to be young again.

Cole stood behind her and read all of the cards out loud for her. She was reading them too, just her voice wasn't loud enough so he thought he would help out.

Aren't they cute?
I think Cole is going to have his hands full with this one. Happy Birthday Shelby! :) There are more party pictures at my photo site. The one I posted about at the bottom of the camping post.

No comments: