Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Books

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole is one book I have to list as a favorite.  I like to actually read books, but Jeff likes to listen to books on CD or an iPod.  I believe that comes from his many years of being an over the road truck driver.  He would go to the library and get books on tape or CD and listen to them as he drove.  He is the one who introduced me to this book, and he had me listen to it.  Thus, I must recommend that you listen to it if you have the choice.  The narrator does an amazing job of changing his voice for the different characters in the book.  You will laugh at the characters and the entire story line.  






Many of you know that I am a huge fan of John Grisham, and really - I love all of his books.  Playing for Pizza is one of my favorites because the setting of the book is in Italy, and Italy is one place I would like to go before I die.  Grisham took me to Italy in this book, but I still want to see the real thing!  It is about football, but you don't have to love football to love the book. 









Southern Fried Divorce is another book that I listened to rather than read.  I must say, at first, the narrator's voice was a tad irritating but it grew on me and I grew to love it.  The book will make you laugh out loud, and it also has a few good recipes in it, so have a paper and pen ready if you listen to it because some of them sound so good you may want to make them!  I'm not sure what I was expecting when I read this - but it was nothing like what I expected.  It was better.   








This was also a way for me to test out the new and fancy linking from Amazon!  Hmmmm, I may have to do some give aways of the books I have but need to find a new home for since I need the space!  Stay tuned.  :)

No comments: