Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hey, it's not a post at 3AM!

I spared you my 3AM post last night, mostly because I didn't want to get out of bed. I took a pain killer, rolled over and did my best to go back to sleep.

I got brave last night and asked Jeff to get me a plain hamburger from Wendy's. I thought, "Hey, it's pretty soft, and it sounds good, and I can at least TRY." Wasn't a horrible idea - I did manage to eat a quarter of it - but it was too much work and it wore me out trying to chew and swallow, so I gave up and drank the milkshake he had gotten me as well.

I can't say the pain is better per se, but I believe I reached the peak of the pain and am on my way downhill to being healed. I hope so anyway. It seems a little tiny bit better today.

Something I've gotten to enjoy while being off is Ellen. I have always loved Ellen - I think she is a wonderful human being. Beautiful, kind, generous, funny - I really admire her. Her show is on from 4 to 5 here, so I won't be able to watch it once I go back to work. I think this video is hilarious - Ellen scaring Taylor Swift.

Another thing going on around me as I sleep is sorting / packing / moving. I can't participate much right now, but we are trying to get ready to move - as most of you already know anyway. We are selling a lot of stuff, possibly having a garage sale next weekend - if we can get it together by then. So, everything around here is in varying stages of mess. Some sorted and boxed, some sorted and stacked, some ready to be sorted, and lots left to go through.

Everyone is excited about the move - you've seen pictures of our new back yard in the post about my birthday and we are looking forward to having little parties back there. I love it that we will have trees and space for Teddy to really run.

We are already planning a small party there in just a couple of weeks - Jeff has invited his friend Giselle and her boyfriend David to come over to hang out. We are working on a menu for the party - which will be Hawaiian. We're gonna do chicken and grilled pineapple, and still looking for some recipes. In searching for something to make, I came across a new blog that I really like that I thought I'd share with you. A Cozy Kitchen not only has some great recipes, but the writing and stories that are included are fun to read as well. So go on over there and see what you think! I think you'll love it, I know I do.

I kinda think a Hawaiian theme is a little scary for us to really pull off because David currently lives in Hawaii and will be flying in just to come to our party!! Haha, just kidding - he is coming to visit Giselle, it just happens to be at the same time as our party. Trying to come close to the real thing may be a little lame, but we are going to try!

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I've been brushing pineapple with some honey mixed with a little lime and pepper and then grilling it. It is so delicious.

Now I have to figure out the story of why you are on drugs!