Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I bought one of the books on Monday to read to Conor. I got this one. We started reading it Monday night and Conor loves it. It has little comics in it to illustrate what he is writing in his diary. Errr journal... because diaries are for girls! (As explained in the beginning of the book.)

I am enjoying it as well, after two nights of reading it, we are almost done! It is very easy to read, and it is pretty funny. I find myself laughing out loud as I read it, and Conor follows along as I'm reading it and he reads the comic strip parts. On Monday, he didn't want me to stop reading when it was time for him to go to sleep. On Tuesday, he went to my mom's after school and as soon as he got home he asked if we could read more!

I'm going to have to go get another one either tonight or tomorrow because we are definitely going to finish it tonight, we only have about 50 pages left (out of 217).

Can't wait to see the movie this weekend!

Hope everyone is having a good St. Patrick's Day - and I hope you wore green so you wouldn't get pinched!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

YAY!! Tell me which ones you have and maybe I can send you a different one.

Katie said...

We only had the first one, but when we finished it, we went and got all the other ones. Conor really loves them. :)