Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dinner last night

Jeff had/has 3 days off this week - Tuesday through Thursday. So, he called me at work when he got up on Tuesday (around noon) and said, "I just want to be a bum today, I don't want to have to do anything."

I told him to go for it.

So, when I got home for lunch, I found him cleaning - doing the dishes, putting stuff away and trying to fix the vacuum. The belt had broken on it.

"I thought you weren't going to do anything?"

"Well, I called your mom and asked her if she wanted to come over for dinner. So, I'm cleaning up and getting ready."

He had watched a video on how to make steaks, so he wanted to try it out. He made ribeyes and steak fries.

Mom brought mixed vegetables and steamed vegetables.

As well as some dinner rolls, but I didn't take pictures of those. I asked if he had a dessert in mind and he didn't, so I made some apple fritters.

Ceara came over too, and the girls invited Alex over as well.

So, after dinner, we gathered in the living room and watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Or tried to anyway.

Conor was playing with Teddy - running around the living room and throwing a stuffed animal around for Teddy to fetch.

As well as some Tug 'O War.

He also kept throwing his animal in front of my camera, and this shot happened to get it in there.
Hey, if this is Jeff's definition of being a bum, who am I to complain? Just hope he knows that MY definition is much less work. ;)

No comments: