Monday, February 15, 2010

Cooking and Baking

I have been cooking a lot this past weekend. Well, new stuff I mean. Like the Whoopie Pies. I made the Italian Roast again, too. I also made a salsa that is almost exactly like my favorite from Chili's. I'm gonna have to take some into work or something though, because it made a whole bunch and there is no way I can eat all of it.

Some breadsticks that were a hit. And spaghetti sauce that I didn't like, but Jeff did. It was a little plain for my taste, so I added some spices, but didn't really like it much even then. Apparently Ceara and Caitlyn liked it too, though.

Tonight I went with an old favorite, by request - Taco Ring. And also had some chips and salsa to go with it.

Everything has gone over so well! Jeff just said to me, "You've been making some home runs in the cooking department lately." As he hugged and kissed me. It makes me happy when people appreciate what I cook. Makes me want to cook more! :) I've always loved cooking - usually do a pretty good job at it, but I usually don't get positive verbal feedback. I've learned a secret don't cook for them for a while and when you finally do, they will appreciate it more! haha

Coming up sometime this week, I'll be making some fancy cupcakes too. Probably tomorrow night since Jeff is leaving on Wednesday and I'd like him to be able to try them.

I have so many new recipes bookmarked to try... I will let you know about the good ones!

Hope everyone around me is safe and warm from this snow we are getting!

Love you guys!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Ok, sure wish we lived closer together...I could do with some leftovers over here!!

Mayo said...

Thanks, I'm hungry now. haha