Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Still Sick

I did go to Urgent Care yesterday, the doctor was really nice - for the 2 min I spent with him. He looked at my throat and *ahem* up my nose with one of those light things. Then he wrote me 2 prescriptions and gave me a note to go home and to bed.

So I went back to work.

What can I say? I'm dedicated! It was Monday and lots of billing to do on Mondays. And other stuff.

I started the antibiotic immediately because they were able to fill the prescription there. The other medicine I got after work because I didn't need it until night time anyway. A cough syrup that was supposed to help me sleep. It didn't exactly work like that.

So, today, I'm a zombie. In desperate need of sleep. And today, I wasn't so dedicated. There isn't anything that has to be done today, so I did take a sick day. And now? I'm going back to bed to hopefully get a little more sleep with the aid of some Nyquil. That codeine syrup just didn't cut it last night, so I'm going for the proven stuff.

Good night! Or... Good day! Or... whatever.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Hope that you get to feeling better!! I still have my sinus infection and just can't kick it, but from what I've heard that is going around ALOT!! Get well soon :)

Barb said...

Yes I have another friend with it, people just topple like dominoes with this thing! Please do rest and take it easy. Let the kids wait on you for a change!

Mayo said...

At least you were smart (unlike me) and didn't wait until it developed into pneumonia before seeing the doctor!
For coughs, Muccinex is the only thing that works for me (the combination cough suppressant/expectorant Muccinex version).
Feel better fast K!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Ugh--I hate being sick like that. The codeine usually knocks me out--if it doesn't work I'm really sick.

Feel better soon!